Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flowers that won't wilt


I hate it when you get a great bouquet of flowers and a few days later they have wilted. Not any more. With a variety of ribbon, fabric, and paper you can create a long lasting flower bouquet.
I used an old bed spring as the vase, put some floral foam inside and covered it with floral moss. The stems of the flowers are wire and I stuck each flower into the foam. I tied a piece of ribbon around the foam to help hide it and hold the moss in.
Two flowers are made from paper. I made the lollipop flower and glued the wire to the back. Two flowers are from ribbon and the last is a yo yo flower from some scrap fabric.
I really enjoyed making the flowers and putting this together. I am going to have it as a project for the Hostess club coming up on Saturday, May 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment