Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Drawer Ribbon holders

These are two old dresser drawers we found. My mom and I washed them to prep for spray paint. After all the drawers were spray painted and completely dried, I used mod podge for the scrapbook paper on the inside. I put the handles back on, we drilled holes on the sides for the dowels, and put all of our ribbon on the dowels. The ribbon fits great and I love the fact that I can see all the ribbon I have without searching through boxes. When drilling holes for the dowels be sure to measure the diameter of the spool other wise the spools will not spin. My mom found the idea from another blog, Blue Cricket Designs. Thanks for the great idea, it helped us get organized and it's a great way to display all the fun ribbon you own.









1 comment:

  1. Now that's a really cute idea for recycling old drawers. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete