Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cowboy Cookies

Here's the cookie dough.

Baking in the oven.


Out of the oven and on the plate.



And the entourage, waiting for me to drop something on the floor. Gotta love those little wieners!!
Recipe: Cowboy Cookies
4 cups flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 cups rolled oats
2 cups shortening
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
Cream shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in chips. Bake at 350* for 15 min (could shorten time if your oven is hotter than normal).
This is a very easy recipe and it does not take long to get them stirred up. I love it.





1 comment:

  1. Okay, Okay. I've always wondered this and I'm sure you can tell me the answer.

    What are "rolled oats"? Are they different from just regular oatmeal? And Grandpa eats "cut oats" - what is that? Not that I like oatmeal, but I just looked in my cupboard and my box just says "raw oatmeal".

    Just a questions. Maybe you could do a little tutorial for me and all the other "oatmeal challenged" people out there.

    ReplyDelete